Appraiser(s) Responsibility is divided to segments and areas of focus.
1. Agriculture - Rural Property - predominately row crop, pasture/hayland, conservation hunting and recreation, grain operations, dairy, feedlot, swine, equestrian, and improved building sites
2. Commercial - smaller town rural america, (largest town would be 25,000 people), manufacturing, storage systems, developments, rent studies, office, light retail, and mixed use.
3. Rural Residential both non ag and ag
4. Emminent Domain - City, County, State, and Federal DOT
5. Speciality IRS Non-Cash Charitable Contributions, and IRS2032A special use value
6. livestock systems primarily Swine, Dairy (Large CAFO), beef, poultry.
7. alternative energy property types with: Green Energy, Wind, Solar, and BioDigesters.
8. Clients are predominately: Financial, city/County/State/Federal Government, Attorneys, and private citizens.
9. Software is AgWare for both Database and report writer, along with Microsoft Office 365 products, and Alamode for residential
10. Financial Evaluations as a supplemental tool,
1. For any and all rural focus is Agriculture Production Background
2. Commercial focus is heavy with financial analysis, banking terms
3. all possess a college degree and prefer a masters degree
4. Complete The Predictive Index assessement analysis and Cognitive Assessement.
5. the list continues. you will be referred to Troy Thoms of Spherion for testing and qualificaiton and interview procedures.
Additional Salary Information: based upon experience and qualifications.
Internal Number: 125
About Northern Plains Appraisal, LLC
Real Property Appraisal Company with focus on rural properties, natural resources, Emminent Domain, Conservation Easements, IRS, Estates, Finance, Dairy, mix use, small town commerical and office, industrial, and special use. We also conduct training and consulting services.
Focus Geographic area is eastern SD and SW MN. We are expanding into other offices and looking for both staff appaisers, office managing appraisers, and research staff.
Brookings is home to South Dakota State University. Office locations in SD are ready to open if you are qualified. We prefer someone who has Agriculture experience.
BACK TO TOP
American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers, Inc.